The Lion King
As blockbuster musicals go, this is one with beauty and brains – Financial Times
For once a mega musical lives up to the hype. This is a dazzling show with the heart of a lion – Daily Telegraph
One of the most joyous and spectacular musicals in years – Daily Mail
Astonishing triumph of theatrical imagination – Evening Standard
But that's nothing. Here's what the audience have said so far in 2016:
- From the first opening moment of this breathtaking production the one word I heard throughout the audience around me was WOW!!!! The lighting, the costumes, the inventiveness, the pure enjoyment we saw and felt together with the acrobatic surprises and humour makes this a show everyone should see. Buy your ticket and prepare yourself to see something you could not have imagined was possible. Fantastic.
- Unforgettable performance, production and talented artistes! A fantastic show from beginning to end for adults and children alike. FANTASTIC!!!!
- Was quite hesitant when booked as to whether it would be value for money, BUT I would pay even more than we did to see it again! Was simply unforgettable and definitely worth seeing! Doesn't matter if you've never seen the film, it's so easy to understand and is like I said, simply unforgettable!!!!
- Only one word to describe the Lion King is WOW. It will have you hooked from the first sound to the last. If you haven't seen it, then you are missing out on something extraordinary.
- Unforgettable performance, production and talented artistes!!! A fantastic show from beginning to end for adults and children alike. FANTASTIC!!!!
The smash–hit story of Simba the lion and his Serengeti journey from runaway to ruler of the plains has been a sell–out success ever since it opened on Broadway in 1997 and at London's Lyceum Theatre in 1999.
With music by Elton John and Tim Rice, a musical score by Hans Zimmer, arrangements by Lebo M and a plot loosely based on Hamlet, this multiple Tony and Olivier Award–winning show has become the top–earning title in box–office history, surpassing Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera.
If you would like to join our mailing list then please enter your email address below.